Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sun Dried Tomato/Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce

I made this tonight and put it over a cheese stuffed ravioli type thing and it was sooooo good.

Sun Dried Tomato/Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce
2 Slices of Bottled Roasted Red Pepper
3/4 C. Sun Dried Tomatoes with oil
1 small Sweet Onion diced (I used green onions cause they needed using.)
2 C. Tomato Sauce (I pureed canned tomatoes)
1 T. Lemon or Lime juice
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp. or 1 T. hot sauce (depends on if you like it hot)
1/4 C. Butter
Oregano/Basil/Bay Leaf to taste
1 tsp. Fennel seeds
2 Cloves of Garlic (minced if you like but I kept mine whole. I also used 4 cause I like Garlic.)

Method: Chop Peppers and Sun Dried Tomatoes in a food processor to desired texture. I pureed them:) Melt Butter over med. heat in sauce pan. Add Onion and Garlic cooking till fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

I then put it over my pasta which required baking for 45 minutes giving my ingredients time to mingle. If your putting it over pasta that doesn't require that much prep time or your using it as a dipping sauce I'd recommend adding water and letting in simmer for 20 minutes or so then letting it rest for about an hour then reheat:)

Some of this I just eyeballed so I had to kinda guess what the measurements were which is why it says season to taste on the herbs. Sorry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment