Sunday, November 20, 2011

Yummy Quinoa


Seriously, this is one of the yummiest recipes I've tried.  It tastes like delicious fresh salsa.  I served it with hot homemade braided bread, and it's a fabulous meal. I bet it's yummy cold, too, as leftovers.  Yum!

Yummy Quinoa
1 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 c uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 c broth (I use chicken broth)
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper

Heat oil in saucepan. Stir in onion and garlic. Mix in quinoa and cover with broth. Add spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer 20 mins.

1 cup frozen sweet corn
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 T lime juice
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c cliantro, chopped

Stir in corn, simmer 5 more minutes. Add rest of the ingredients. Sprinkle with feta

1 comment:

  1. My sister Emma said this is delicious. Can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete