Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yummy Yummy Salad

Annie made this salad last year in Monticello and it made such an impression on me that I made it for our friends Easter dinner on Sunday:) Everyone like it.

Spinach and Bacon Salad
10 oz Baby Spinach
1/2 lb. Bacon, cooked and crumbed
1 sm. Red Onion, thinly, thinly sliced
3-4 oz Slivered Almonds, toasted
1 can Mandarin Oranges

Dressing
1/3 c. Sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp. Vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice (I used Lime)
1/2 c. Olive Oil
2 1/2 Tbsp. Honey
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard
1/8 tsp. Salt

Mix salad and add Dressing right before serving or the Spinach will wilt.

I didn't use all the Spinach the first time so I made it again a couple of days later but I also didn't have all the ingredients for the salad so I made this one.

About 4 oz Spinach, Quarter of a head of Cauliflower broken into florets. I cut the Dressing recipe in half, omitted the Lemon Juice and added a crushed Garlic Clove for a kick. The onion I minced real fine. So, I mixed the Dressing, added the garlic and onion to it then mixed it with the Spinach and Cauliflower. It was really yummy also:)


Thanks Annie!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment