Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peanut Wraps

I found this recipe at Little Birdie Secrets (of granola fame), and I love it.  It's super mild, so my kids loved it (but you could always add some sriracha or other chili sauce for a bit of a kick), and it's super fast, so I loved it, and it's super delicious, so we all loved it.  I added the changes I made in italics below.

Peanut Wraps 

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tbs cooking oil (I used canola)
4 cups broccoli slaw (I used regular cabbage coleslaw because that's all I could find at the store)
1 medium red onion (I used half of a red onion and half a package of green onions because I thought it would go over better with the girls.)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Tortillas (Whole wheat from Meijer are the BEST!)

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, but I bet chunky would be good for some extra crunch)
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves 

Directions:
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm. 
In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender.  (Like 2 minutes.)

Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved. 

Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Lick your plate.
 Makes 6-8 wraps. (Makes a great salad too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment